Monday, November 4, 2013

What's on your To Do List?

It helps when I start the day with a plan of what I want to get done.
This doesn't always happen, but when it does I always feel really productive.
Simple, this isn't brain surgery, it is basic Covey 7 Habits stuff.

What is striking though are the items that show up on my list.
As a startup guy, it could be anything and the kitchen sink.

Looking at my list right now, I have

  • 3 separate ppt presentations to work on
  • A couple of invoices to deal with
  • Creating a post mortem template
  • Answering client emails
  • Blogging
  • Updating my financials
  • Going for a run
I think the idea is that working at a startup demands that we all wear many different hats.
Ya, duh - everyone has heard this before, but we have to be great at changing gears and quickly.

This can be a bit overwhelming at times, so take a break now and then I suppose.
Learn to embrace the fluidity of this path.


No comments: